Hi! I am a marketing executive with experience in a few industries: Telecommunications, Cable, Consulting Education, Internet, Retail, Publishing & Law. I’ve worked at AT&T, The Macy’s Group, LexisNexis a division of Reed Elsevier and a few smaller firms (my own consulting business started in 2007) including an academic publisher for digital textbooks called AcademicPub (and SharedBook) as the Vice President, Marketing.
I live in Morris County, New Jersey about an hour away from Manhattan.
I am an Adjunct Professor at The Rutgers Business School in Newark & New Brunswick, New Jersey – night courses for undergraduates and MBA students. I’ve taught Introduction to Marketing using existing course materials, which I added my own custom materials. And, I was a substitute professor for Market Research. I’ve created content and taught the following courses at Rutgers:
- Customer Relationship Management
- Business to Business Marketing
- Marketing Channels
Contact Me at email@example.com or 973.222.0011
Executive Level Marketing Management
Progressive experience spanning Brand Management, Customer Relationship Management, Analytics, Business Intelligence, Direct Marketing, Web, Social Media, E-commerce, Retail marketing, personnel supervision, project management and P&L responsibility. Led marketing division in capturing market share & improved sales.
Problem Solver · Loyalty Marketing · Brand Building · B2C · B2B · Acquisition & Retention · Segmentation · Creative
New Product Launch · Market Research · Profit & Loss · Integrated Contact Strategies · DRTV · Campaign Management
CRM Strategies & Technology · Direct Marketing ·Social Media · Email · Responsive Web Design
- Launched EZLaw.com and exceeded sales objective by 21% in 2012, while under budget 15%.
- Launched & led my client’s marketing department driving sales to $75 Million annually in 4 years.
- Created, Built & launched Hispanic & Spanish language businesses in Retail & Publishing
- Launched new Search Engine Marketing channel lifting sales by 18% while lowering costs 32%!
- Launched international Search Engine Marketing program on Adwords & Bingads driving 15% higher sales!
- Led team in driving sales by $75 Million and reducing direct mail costs by $17 Million through the utilization of segmentation and regression models.
- Doubled the size of the database from 600,000 to 1.2 Million records. Created actionable customer segments and changed the value proposition and message increased revenue 400%.
- Led team in developing & executing promotional & loyalty offers which lifted response and annual sales by 10% ($100 Million) while cutting annual expenses by $50 Million.
Millions By Marketing, LLC
Outsourced Marketing Officer
Provided marketing & strategy development, database mining, prospect & retention marketing, Responsive Website Design, SEO & SEM services for local and national clients. Negotiated with vendors for cost-effective pricing for printers, letter-shops, and list services. Built prospect models to allow clients to target specific markets based on buyer profiles and managed budget and cash flow for marketing campaigns. Consulted on CRM/ERP implementations.
- Built Marketing Database of 1 million leads in 4 years, driving over 50% of sales from the DB.
- Improved the overall Response Rates annually by 16-19% while cost/lead expenses reduced 10%.
- Tested ‘creative’, script changes, and promotional offers along with new channels (direct, outbound, Web, email & TV) driving more responders and buyers; improving sales by 25%+.
Vice President, Marketing – AcademicPub.com | Blog2Print.com | Other Brands
Marketing Leader managing consumer & business on-line brands. Built marketing & prospect databases for both consumer and business divisions. Manage promotional & marketing calendar, web content, social media, SEM, SEO & email marketing initiatives for 12+ on-line brands. Reduced unnecessary advertising expense by 50%, while improving revenue & sales funnel conversions.
- Improved registration rates by 100%, while lowering CPA by 82% and grew course pack sales.
- Improved AcademicPub unique visits by 1000% with a 5X improvement in email response, 2X improvement in SEM & banner results driving exponential sales growth.
- Created Responsive Web Design for AcademicPub allowing instructors to create etextbooks & students to access their ebooks across any device or screen size lifting usage rates 20%.
- Re-Launched email marketing channel driving an increase in new clients of 163%!
- Improved Blog2Print comp month sales by 7%, with recent month 20% above LY comp sales.
- Launched SEM program in international markets driving new acquisition growth of 15%.
Head of Marketing – EZLaw.com | LawyerLocator.com | Attorneys.com
Marketing Database Owner – Consumer Brands
Built first consumer marketing database at LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell and executed consumer marketing emails for multiple brands driving revenue growth. Managed advertising agency, content providers, social media, PPC, SEO & email marketing initiatives. Developed expanded customer segmentation strategies for brands. Created append strategy to grow Martindale attorney database.
- Launched email marketing channel driving an increase in sales of over 200%
- Created a new DRTV commercial & channel for LawyerLocator.com.
- Created Hispanic marketing strategy for LawyerLocator and secured initial funding.
- Managed affiliate marketing program and grew affiliate partners by 5%.
Net Marketing Alliance
Vice President, Marketing & Consultant
Enhanced database and developed a detailed customer contact strategy across the enterprise. Assumed strategic marketing responsibility for a $175M financial education company and grew sales 40%. Managed P&L and a $50 Million budget. Developed and executed digital strategies. Established efficient automated processes and completed an ERP/CRM companywide implementation.
- Doubled the size of the marketing database from 600K to 1.2M records, while also messaging the distinct customer segments more effectively driving an increase in revenue of $6 Million.
- Fueled sales growth by $15M by introducing rotating brands across new and existing markets.
- Increased profits by $6M, improved responses by 15%, and enhanced sales per person mailed by 69% by using data modeling, analytics and aggressive negotiations with vendors.
THE MACY*S Group
Vice President, Marketing Planning & Analysis & Director
Improved quality, efficiency, productivity, and cost control for the $15 billion retailer’s database with more than 50 million accounts. Executed & implemented a unified CRM strategy and tactical plan for multi-division retailer. Administered a $7M database budget and supervised direct/indirect personnel. Created uniform marketing test strategy across all brands, driving a unified testing approach which improved sales & profits.
- Promoted to full Vice President, by-passing lower VP level, based on outstanding CRM implementation efforts, segmentation and modeling sales growth improvements of $75 Million.
- Improved POS/CRM integration capturing $2B in tracked/matched sales activity, secured 14 million additional accounts, cut data costs by $570K, and enhanced data quality by 60%.
- Improved ROI for new credit card buyers by 800% by creating an innovative contact strategy.
Progressively responsible marketing positions leading to Marketing Director Equivalent
Education & Academic Credentials
M.B.A., E-Commerce, Rutgers University (2001)
B.S.B.A., Finance (cum laude), Boston University
Adjunct Professor Marketing, Marketing Channels & CRM, Rutgers Business School
Former NCR TERADATA PAC Member (CRM & Analytic PAC)
Former DMA CRM and Database & List Council Member
NCR Teradata CRM | UNICA | Netsuite | Microsoft Dynamics | Business Objects et al
Adobe | Omniture | Webtrends | Google Analytics | Optimost | CheetahMail et al